Emerald Beach, esplanade
The magnificent emerald sea sits off the pure white sandy beach!
A coral sand beach that accommodates 3,000 people
A Y-shaped coral sand beach sticks out at the northern end of the park. The vivid cobalt blue boundless ocean which emits a hue that is beyond description.
The vivid cobalt blue boundless ocean which emits a hue that is beyond description. It can be described as the only beach within a lagoon in Japan.
It can be described as the only beach within a lagoon in Japan. Its water quality has been certified "AA (top quality) ", and the beach was certified as being “The 88th Top Bathing Beach” in 2001 and as “The 100th Top Bathing Beach” in 2006. The sandy beach which is divided into 3 sections i.e. “Beach of play”, “Beach of rest”, and “Beach of view”, well accommodates 3,000 people, and yet maintenance is managed taking into consideration the protection of natural environment.
Opening period for swimming
|Summer period||1 Apr. - 30 Sept. 8:30am - 7:00pm|
|Normal period||1-31 Oct. 8:30am - 5:30pm|
Beach snack stand
■Beach shop (rental items)
Swimming ring (large)
Life jacket for people (4.6 - 4.9 feet)
※When renting the items above, an additional 1,000 yen must be deposited. Deposit will be returned when returning rental items.
- Beach volleyball equipment, free of charge
- Swimming, shower, free of charge
- Baggage locker, 100 yen
- Fully equipped with facilities including souvenir shop and snack stand. Souvenir shop sells swimsuits and original T-shirts. Beach snack stand sells snacks including fried noodles and ice cream.
- Nurses and lifeguards are on duty
- Fully equipped with Jellyfish prevention net
- Fully equipped with handicap toilet
- Snorkeling is prohibited.
- It is about a 14 minute walk from the Park Information Center (Haisai Plaza). Transportation by trolley is also available for a fee.
Integrity of the beach
- We strive to keep the beaches clean.
- The swimming area is paved with coral sand to ensure safety.
- We are designated as a "Marine leisure provider with excellent safety measures" by the local safety committee.
- We also strive for the preservation of the natural scenery and sea creatures including coral.
An esplanade where you can feel the nature of Okinawa with all your senses.
It is an esplanade where you can enjoy walking while feeling the nature of Okinawa.
Enjoy a relaxing time watching the cobalt blue sea and the islands that float on the distant horizon. There are stairs to the beach in several locations.